Ph. D. Students
PhD students at IFW
Training and promotion of young scientists are part of the statutory duties of the IFW Dresden. About 150 doctorate students are working on their theses at IFW Dresden. They are strongly involved in the scientific work in an international high-level scientific environment and contribute substantially to its scientific output.
Offers and application
We offer PhD works in the fields of physics, chemistry, materials sciences and electrical engineering. Usually, open positions evolve from our ongoing research activities and are filled on the short term. We therefore invite applicants at any time to submit their CV and a description of their research interests directly to one of the Institutes Directors:
- PhD positions in the IFF (supervised by Prof. Büchner)
- PhD positions in the IMW (supervised by Prof. Nielsch)
- PhD positions in the IKM (supervised by Prof. Eckert)
- PhD positions in the IIN (supervised by Prof. Schmidt)
- PhD positions in the ITF (supervised by Prof. van den Brink)
Currently open PhD positions in running or starting projects:
Doctorate students how work at the IFW are mainly enrolled at the Dresden University of Technology or at the Chemnitz University of Technology. Applicants for PhD positions have to meet the entrance criteria of these universities which include an excellent academic track-record.