Magnetic thin films
Thin magnetic films are inevitable in today's technological society and due to the continuing discoveries of new magnetic phenomena and materials they remain a fascinating research topic.
Utilizing pulsed laser deposition, we prepare thin films of highly anisotropic RE-Co phases on various substrates to grow samples with tailored crystallographic and magnetic textures – ranging from isotropic to fully epitaxial with unique alignment of the easy magnetization axis. Our research interests are epitaxial growth, anisotropy and spin reorientation, high energy density materials and hard/soft magnetic, exchange coupled heterostructures.
Current research topics are:
- Epitaxial growth of RECo5 films
- PrCo7 films with high energy density
- Coercivity mechanism in SmCo5
- Spin reorientation in NdCo5
- Exchange coupled hard/soft magnetic multilayers
- Perpendicular magnetic anisotropy