Mechanical testing experiments
- Experiments with constant extension rates (CERT) or constant tension (creep test) in compression and pressure mode (speed: 1 mm/h - 100 mm/min; Maximum load: 100 kN)
- High and low-frequency cycle fatigue measurements (HCF, LCF) in strength or elongation controlled mode (max.: 100 kN/100 cycles per second)
- Crack growth measurements during static and dynamic load - also under the influence f an thmosphere
Our setup parameters:
- Temperatures: -140°C to 600°
- protecting or aggressive gas atmospheres
- Temperatures to 1000° in the three-zone resistance furnace at air; (tension setup only,, LCF, HCF)
- Temperatures to 1400° at air or in inert gas (gas-stream)
- Yield strength
- Tensile strength
- Elongation at failure
- Change deformation curves
- Cyclic stress strain curves
- Life cycle predictions at cyclic deformation (e.g. Wöhler curves)
- Fracture toughness
- Cyclic stress intensity factor
- Threshold value of the crack growth
In order to examine failure mechanisms further investigations on the microstructure are often necessary. We have several analyse methods in-house as e.g. scanning and transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, etc..
- In our INSTRON reference laboratory DIN standard tests as well as tests with special specifications are executed.
- The analyses of the reasons and circumstances of materials failure represent the heart of our investigations.
- Our knowlegde and long-term experinece with mechanical testings is your benefit.