A key issue of our activities is the development of new materials properties by metal forming and heat treatment processes. These activities are complemented by mechanical testing in a wide spectrum of setup parameters.
Our research areas:
- Specific metal forming problems
- Metallic substrate tapes for coated conductors
- Damascene light weight metals: high strength wires with low density
- Deformation mechanisms in fcc metals
- Mechanical alloying
- Ultra strong conductors for pulsed high field magnets