Quantum Design PPMS
Temperature range: 1.9K - 400K
Magnetic field: ±9 T
- Heat Capacity, also in-field measurements are possible to determine magnetocaloric properties (adiabatic temperature change)
- AC-Transport and DC Resistivity, 4-Point spring-loaded measurement pucks are availible
- VSM and VSM-Oven (T = 300 - 1000 K)
- Thermal Transport, also in-field measurements
Quantum Design MPMS-XL
Temperature range: 1.9K - 400 K
Magnetic field: ±7 T
Resolution: <1 x 10-8 emu to 250 mT
<6 x 10-7 emu to 7 T
- AC and DC measurements possible (magnetisation and susceptibility)
- DC-Oven option (T-range = 300 - 800 K)
GE Phoenix Nanotom M
X-ray absorbtion CT is a non-destructive imaging method to analyze the inner constitution of solid objects and allows to distinguish between different phases (including defects and pores) due to their different absorbtion properties.
- 180kV Tungsten X-ray tube with macro- and nanofocus mode (for smaller focal spot sizes and higher resolutions)
- Al- and Cu-Filter (0.2 to 1 mm)
- 2D amorphous silicon flat panel detector (DXR500L), 3070x2400 pixel (100µm pixel pitch), CsI scintillator, 500 ms minimum exposer time
- Magnification (geometric-optical) up to 300x
- Voxelsize up to 500 nm (commonly 2 – 6 µm)
- Sample size (diameter): up to 5 mm Fe-based, up to 20 mm Al-based
- Resolution max. 1 mm
- Scanmodi: Sectionscan, Fastscan, Singlescan, Multiscan
- Software: GE datos Acquisition 2.0, GE datos Reconstruction 2.0 (with beam hardening correction algorithm), Visual Studio VG Studio max 2.2, FEI AvizoFire 8.1 & 9
Surface modification of powder particles
Nara Hybridizer NHS-0
The Nara Hybridizer System is a dry-coating method for the surface modification of functional core powder particles. The core powder and the coating particles are dispersed together in a high speed gas flow and blended by mechanical impact in the recipient.
Due to the large mechanical impact processing times are drastically reduced, e.g. in comparison to ball milling or other dry-coating methods.
We use the process for coating brittle functional particles with smaller ductile particles in order to improve the corrosion resistance and/or the mechanical stability of the post-processed green parts.
Also rounding of irregularly shaped particles is possible, in order to improve the flowability for example in SLM powder beds.
However a vast number of materials combinations is possible, the coating layer itself is mainly dominated by the particle size ratio and the mechanical properties of the combined materials.
- Amount: up to 50g/batch
- 2000 rpm - 16.000 rpm rotation speed
- in air or intert atmosphere
- usually coating completed in 2-10 mins