Team members and their subjects:
Magnetic textures (skyrmions) and microstructures
Density Functional theory and electronic structure theory
- development of numerical methods for electronic structure theory (FPLO code, Wannier models)
- topological properties of matter
- DFT calculations for solid state compounds (ARPES spectra, dHvA spectra, magnetism etc.)
Design, implementation, and maintenance of Linux based high performance clusters
- support concerning linux (operating system and shell level)
- support for compiler issues and parallel coding
- support for FPLO code installations and FPLO reference calculations
- license management (Intel compiler suite, Mathematica, NAG)
Electronic structure theory of correlated and spin-orbit coupled materials
- electronic, optical and magnetic properties (bulk systems and molecules)
- electronic properties of spin-orbit driven materials (e.g. iridates and Kitaev magnets)
- crystal field for rare earth based magnets
- classical Monte Carlo simulations for magnetic systems
Manuel Richter (head):
Application and development of electronic structure theory
- magnetic systems (cluster, surfaces and interfaces, bulk)
- simulation of photon and electron spectroscopies, hyperfine interaction
- phase stability and transitions, effects of pressure and magnetic fields
- relativistic effects on electronic structure
Computational materials physics
- continuum theory of phase transitions (Landau-Ginzburg functionals)
- magnetic textures (skyrmions) and microstructures
- DFT simulations of magnetic materials
- K. Koepernik and H. Eschrig, "Full-potential nonorthogonal local-orbital minimum-basis band-structure scheme", Phys. Rev. B 59, 1743 (1999); > 1300 citations.
- U.K. Rößler, A.N. Bogdanov, and C. Pfleiderer, "Spontaneous skyrmion ground states in magnetic metals", Nature 442, 797 (2006); > 1000 citations.
- K. Lejaeghere et al., "Reproducibility in density functional theory calculations of solids", Science 351, aad3000 (2016); > 500 citations.
Alexei N. Bogdanov, and Christos Panagopoulos, " The emergence of magnetic skyrmions", Physics Today 73, 44 (2020).
|Name||PD Dr. Manuel Richter|
|Phone Number ||+49-351-4659-360|